Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My first blog

Okay, so Paul is absolutely amazing at blogging and has motivated me to begin...after 4 months in Beijing, maybe it's about time. I am at work so have to make it brief for now. At least I am getting started! It is rainy here today. I rode in with the Wingerters, Tricia, Chuck, Erika, and Christina. It took over an hour, which is unusual but the rain caused traffic just as in DC. I enjoyed the conversations as always :-). In addition, I enjoyed the break from riding my bike in. Especially after yesterday...my toughest ride yet. It started out great! I was feeling rested from the night before and had an easy going day at work. However, midway through the run, Chuck got frustrated with a car in the bike lane (a daily occurrence). He said "go ahead of me, I want to p*** this guy off and ride right in front of him". I said "sure thing" and smiled. I waited patiently for the light to turn green. Me with my blonde hair, surrounded by Chinese people, who btw, look at me like I have come from some alien planet. I can see the light counting down the other way 5...4...3...2...1. I hop up and start peddling, look to my left and see two cars, side-by-side Chinese style turning right towards me. I surge forward anyway...all of the sudden I feel myself being pushed to the right by some biker with a rider in the back on a rack; then some scooter guy comes up on the other side of me....BAM! He knocks me right over!!! I save my head by landing on my right side. I am dumbfounded. The rest of the bikers keep right on; as well as the man that knocked me over. Chuck pulls me up...and says "I have a med kit". Thank goodness he was a marine ;-). I was shaken and a little scraped up but okay and continued on.

So...as evident in my blog title, I am aiming to lose 20 pounds this year. I am determined and that means I will do it! I have been pretty good at keeping up with working out; but have been eating bad and enjoying some wine a little too often. I thought about posting my weight daily on the blog posts...but find it is too embarrassing! Maybe when I get down to 10 lbs away :-).

On another note, Devon has a cauliflower ear...we are not sure if it is from bug bites or something else. I just made him an appointment with the med office at 1pm. Otherwise, boys are doing great. I am so very proud of each of them. EEks...work is calling...ttfn! BTW, how do I write a blog without using a lot of "I" statements? I guess I will have to figure that one out?!?!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job baby! You just dive right in! Nice! The bike story is scary, but the way things are around here, I am sure it will happen again! You're so tough! Happy day before our anniversary!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete